[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils: location of template init scripts

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 1 17:06:40 CEST 2010

No dia 1 de Junho de 2010 14:04, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Tuesday, June 1, 2010, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> No dia 1 de Fevereiro de 2010 21:31, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
>>> I think it would be better for our users, if we standardize on a
>>> location under /opt/csw
>>> For example, /opt/csw/etc/init.d
>>
>> Let's consider the following scenario:
>>
>> There's a global zone, and a non-global, sparse zone which shares
>> /opt.  During package installation, the global zone is processed
>> first.  The class action script copies the init file to
>> /opt/csw/etc/init.d/foo,...
>
> err... that's not what it's supposed to do. the script is supposed to
> copy it FROM there to whereever it needs

Not sure what you mean.  Right now, in the code[1] there is:

while read src dest
do
  (...)
  /usr/bin/cp $src $dest || exit 2
  (...)
done

Did you mean the following?

while read src dest
do
  (...)
  /usr/bin/cp $dest $wherever_it_needs
  (...)
done

I think it would result in "cp: cannot access /opt/csw/etc/init.d/foo".

In any case, "/usr/bin/cp $src $dest" is what it is doing right now,
and I've presented an actual scenario.  Any thoughts on it?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/cswclassutils/trunk/files/CSWcswclassutils.i.cswinitsmf