[csw-maintainers] old gcc4* packages in catalog

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 6 20:01:22 CEST 2010

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

>> gcc4g95 is for the first version of the 4th  branch for which I was the
>> maintainer until 4.0.2. Afterward, Mike took up the maintenance of this branch and
>> provided the gcc4gfortran which is the newer FORTRAN front end supported
>> by then GCC Suite.
>> --
>> Peter
>
> thanks . so we just need a definitie statement, by those who acually
> know and care abot fortran, wheher there s any value i n the older
> branch or whether we can officially replace it with the newer?

I'm not a FORTRAN expert, the last time that I wrote code in that
language was in the very beginning of the 9th decade of the 20th century
when the FORTRAN 77 was the standard. However, I'm for keeping only the
newer version of the corresponding front-end, i.e., gcc4gfortran int the
4th branch; for those needing an older version they can use the gcc3g77
or even gcc2g77.

--
Peter