[csw-maintainers] package collision detection

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jun 8 18:53:57 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 4 de Junho de 2010 01:05, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> Hurray for new collision detection...
>
> I didn't know it was already working!  Is there any available code so
> that people can read it and helpfully point out any flaws?

there are flaws aplenty, unfortunately :-)
At the moment, its functional by virtue of a side table. The table
is.. incompletely populated.
The reason being, it doesnt allow collisions... which means, it does
not allow all packages to be registered,  because there are
collisions!!
But it at least works, for packages that have successfully been
entered into there.
How things work now is;
At package registration/"batch" time, the contents of the package get
inserted into the table.
if there are collisions, then it fails insert, and I throw the package
back to you :)

If you wished, I'd be happy to give you a mysqldump of the table or something.