[csw-maintainers] Coreutils and CSWgfile

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 11 16:25:47 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jun 11 10:15:20 -0400 2010:

> I'm rather confused why it had a conflict declared since we never
> had gfile before

I think this highlights my point about re-using this package name
rather nicely!  We _did_ have CSWgfile before.  It was the gnu
fileutils package.  We now have a brand new (hot on the heels of the
old) CSWgfile providing the well known `file` utility.

The I-dep in CSWcoreutils is to prevent it from being installed along
side the deprecated CSWgfile (fileutils).