[csw-maintainers] Coreutils and CSWgfile

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 11 18:49:53 CEST 2010

No dia 11 de Junho de 2010 16:50, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jun 11 10:15:20 -0400 2010:
>>
>>> I'm rather confused why it had a conflict declared since we never
>>> had gfile before
>>
>> I think this highlights my point about re-using this package name
>> rather nicely!  We _did_ have CSWgfile before.  It was the gnu
>> fileutils package.
>
> Nuts. I thought that was "CSWfile", not "CSWgfile", otherwise, I would
> not have accepted in
> "CSWgfile" as the pkg name for the new "file" package!

I'd like to ask some more questions.  IIUC, it can't happen
automatically, the administrator has to know about the upgrade and
handle certain steps in some way outside the standard tools.  The
update to the current CSWcoreutils needs to go as follows:

1. If they are installed, remove CSWshutils, CSWgfile and CSWtextutils
2. Update the local catalog cache
3. Install CSWcoreutils or do an automated upgrade, during which
CSWcoreutils will be pulled as a dependency to some other package.

In what way having new CSWgfile breaks this?