[csw-maintainers] Is there any interest in vixie cron?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 12 22:00:32 CEST 2010

No dia 12 de Junho de 2010 15:36, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Saturday, June 12, 2010, Maciej (Matchek) wrote...
>> This way, there's no need to use CAS to have cronjob support in
>> packages.
>>

> errr. I think we'd still have to support the traditional cron :-}

'We' as in OpenCSW -- yes.  However, various in-house custom
installations could have own packages, and additional configuration
management systems used to place files on the filesystem.  These would
benefit from simplified cron management.

The first version is available for testing:
http://mirror.opencsw.org/experimental.html#maciej

Known issues:
- uses /etc, not /etc/opt/csw
- man pages are in wrong directories
- preinstall / postremove scripts assume SMF, no Solaris 9 support

Otherwise, it should already give out some vibes of working.