[csw-maintainers] sudo, and alternatives implementation

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 16 19:10:50 CEST 2010

No dia 16 de Junho de 2010 17:12, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> As a side note, I've just discovered that the same issue concerns our
>> alternatives script, so our sudo package is broken too and I need to
>> get it fixed relatively soon.
>

> I started a separate thread on this, because I think it will probably
> lead to a different solution set.
>
> Could you give specifics of the problem, please?
> I thought I designed our csw implementation of alternatives, to
> specifically be nfs friendly.

The alternatives file gets installed under /opt, its class is
'cswalternatives'.  It's the same case as with the SMF integration,
the CAS script is called, but doesn't get to handle the alternatives
file in the sparse non-global zones.  The effect is that the symlinks
aren't created in the non-global zones.

It's not really the problem of the alternatives per se, it's the CAS
integration issue.  This is a very similar case to the SMF one: The
installed file serves as data for the CAS script to do some work.  We
need the work to be done in all the zones, but we happened to make the
trigger file global-zone-only.