[csw-maintainers] bad interactions with CSWcommon

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 20 16:05:55 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Jun 20 10:00:21 -0400 2010:

> cswcommon is too critical a package to just change and cross our
> fingers . I'd want to see a specific case found before I approve a
> change like this. if not, then I'd say do the weorkaround in your one
> specific package

I'm willing to test a package as you say...what I'm not willing to do
is to dig through 227 packages depending on CSWggettext in order to
find one that might break.  You don't have any email traces of the
original issue as a starting point?

The current solution _is_ harmful to a known package.  It _may_ be
beneficial to other _broken_ packages.