[csw-maintainers] gimp. with python problems

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jun 28 22:45:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>
>>Which in theory means, we could have a new GNOME environment after this, too!
>
> Could you work on updating gimp before tackling the much more involved Gnome
> project?

fyi: you got your wish. sort of.

"proper" gimp 2.6 just being batched out now.

Oddly, it doesnt use gnome. the gnomevfs funtionality seems to be missing.
and it dropped its own help browser, in favor of just integrating into
whatever browser you have already
(uses firefox if you have it)

But otherwise, fully featured.

WIth the exception that it crashed and burned attempting to compiile
python modules.

Maciej, mr python, you should try a gimp configure yourself, and see
if you can figure out why it fails

you dont have to compile the thing. just attempt to configure.