[csw-maintainers] gar suggestion

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 29 10:46:53 CEST 2010

No dia 29 de Junho de 2010 09:05, Peter Bonivart
<bonivart at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Before I spend time debating this with someone that only peripherally
>> uses GAR, I'd prefer to hear views of others that use it daily...
>
> I love the new patch stuff, the few seconds it takes is well worth it.
> Doesn't bother me at all.

I like to new gar integration too.  I guess it could be slowing down
the process for large source trees, but in my case the benefits by far
outweigh the costs.

When I work with packages, most of the time it's about getting it to
compile.  Producing patches is a large part of it, and I really like
it that I always have an initialized git repository I can use.