[csw-maintainers] gar suggestion

Andrew Robert Nicols nicols at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 29 11:21:32 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 09:46:53AM +0100, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
> No dia 29 de Junho de 2010 09:05, Peter Bonivart
> <bonivart at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> > On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >> Before I spend time debating this with someone that only peripherally
> >> uses GAR, I'd prefer to hear views of others that use it daily...
> >
> > I love the new patch stuff, the few seconds it takes is well worth it.
> > Doesn't bother me at all.
>
> I like to new gar integration too.  I guess it could be slowing down
> the process for large source trees, but in my case the benefits by far
> outweigh the costs.

Same goes for me. I'm quite happy to have that small performance hit that
the git init brings as part of the build process to make patching later
easier.

Andrew

--
Systems Developer

e: andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
im: a.nicols at jabber.lancs.ac.uk
t: +44 (0)1524 5 10147

Lancaster University Network Services is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registered number: 04311892. Registered office:
University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW