[csw-maintainers] A question of naming, in our svn repository

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 29 22:31:39 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 29.06.2010 um 22:24 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you should outline what you would adjust. Changing
>>  gtk-stuff
>>  gtk_stuff
>> is no problem at all as the name is basically the same and both
>> can be found by grepping for the components.
>
> That is mostly all I'm saying.
> I've run across a whole lot of "legacy" entries in the gnome chain
> recently, that are like that, and in my opinion should be renamed
> gtk_stuff and gnome_stuff to match the packages they provide. Or at
> least *should* provide. More below.
>
> The vast majority of svn directories using "-" instead of our standard
> "_" would appear to be
> a quick run through by someone a long time ago, and mostly consist of
> directories like
>
> ./trunk
> ./trunk/legacy
> ./trunk/legacy/sources
> ./trunk/legacy/scripts
> ./trunk/legacy/specs
>
> ie: a bunch of "legacy" stuff, that hasnt even been packaged through
> svn, and does not follow our existing standards. You cant even type
> "make" in the directories.

The standard is to put non-GAR recipes in legacy, so they do conform
to the standard ;-)

> They did not produce the packages in our mirrors now; they are only
> non-functional placeholders, it would seem.

They have. Most of them are from previous (retired) maintainers who
sent me their old build recipes for the packages they have released.
To not loose them a second time I decided to commit them for reference
if someone wants to take them over. If you start working on these please
move
   <pkgname>/trunk/legacy
   <pkgname>/tags/legacy
I probably should have put it there from the start :-/