[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gflags, protobuf, protobuf_devel, pro(...)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 3 21:12:41 CET 2010

Hi Maciej,

Am 03.03.2010 um 20:16 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Here's a new package, Google command line option parsing for C++
>>> and Python.
>>>
>>> * gflags: new package
>>>  + gflags-1.3,REV=2010.03.03-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>>>  + gflags-1.3,REV=2010.03.03-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>>

>> Ah... this seems to be another isaexec GAR malfunction :(
>>
>> 1 l none /opt/csw/bin/gflags_completions.sh =/opt/csw/bin/isaexec
>> 1 f none /opt/csw/bin/sparcv8/gflags_completions.sh 0755 root bin
>> 5268 44497 126
>> 6668632
>> 1 f none /opt/csw/bin/sparcv9/gflags_completions.sh 0755 root bin
>> 5268 44497 126
>> 6668663
>>
>> we need isaexec, on a shellscript? seriously?
>> Well I suppose there is some theoretical possibility... However, the
>> two files are identical.
>
> Dago, what do you think about this issue?  I think I could work around
> it by excluding $(bindir) from the merging phase.  However, in the
> general case it could be possible that there are some binaries that
> you want to be handled by isaexec, plus a shellscript which doesn't
> need it.

There are two possibilities:

1. You can set ISAEXEC_FILES manually. It default to all files in
    $(bindir), $(sbindir) and $(libexecdir)
2. You can set ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES to $(bindir)/
gflags_completions.sh or
    even %.sh Note the Makefile-wildcard here! On reading this it may be
    more consistent to use general regexes here.

Additionally, I now really think we should change the default to merge
only $(libdir) from additional isas and only isaexec on request.