[csw-maintainers] Changing the package description for Perl modules

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 4 00:30:09 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> seems to me it is mostly only important at package creation time.
> catalog is only for "binary package install" purposes.

No, this is not for maintainers, it's for users. When you want to
install something, perl modules in this case, you search for what you
know, in this case the modules name. It doesn't always match well with
our package/catalog names.

I think it should go into the package description as originally
suggested, then it ends up into the descriptions file and is
searchable for users in an easy way. Most module names are 10 chars or
less so it shouldn't be a big problem.

And the 9th field of the catalog is already taken, right? ;-)

--
/peter