[csw-maintainers] librsync 0.9.7 uploaded to testing

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 8 19:46:09 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Brian Hill <bchill at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I did the original testing build on my SunOS 5.8 SPARC. I have been
> intending to migrate it to GAR, but GAR seemed like a moving target for a
> while.
>
> I have been reading as much of the GAR-related email as I could keep up
> with, but...
>
> Is there an up-to-date GAR how-to?

The basics of GAR haven't changed in quite a long time.  There are
some new features when it comes to 64-bit builds and merges on x86
(gmake platforms).  The basic tutorial is here:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/ExplainedGperf  -- It looks
up-to-date enough at the first glance.

Do you have to build separately for Solaris 9 or 10?  Do you need to
compile and merge multiple versions of your software?  Do you need
different patches for different versions of the software?

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes", you'll need
something beyond the basic tutorial.

As far as patches are concerned,
http://wiki.opencsw.org/porting-faq#toc5 has a copy&paste example how
to create a patch in GAR.