[csw-maintainers] gnulib how to

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 9 15:22:17 CET 2010

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Tue Mar 09 03:16:29 -0500 2010:

> What do you think?

I think that's great feedback.  I'll look at adding that info tonight.
As for git-patch integration in GAR, I haven't seen a way to do it
both cleanly and in a way that is the same or less work than the
existing method (which is currently broken, I believe).

I still find it easier to extract the source externally from GAR and
do the git + patch creation there, which is already documented...This
is somewhat more flexible, as I can go back to the local git repo
later and modify, recreate, extend, remove, etc, patches.  For true,
easy GAR integration, we might want to look at making the 'garchive'
target turn whatever the upstream source is into a git repo...this is
no easy feat though.

Thanks