[csw-maintainers] Which x11 library to choose?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Mar 12 17:52:12 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Otherwise we end up with the same problem as we have right now, some
>> packages are linked with Sun X11 and some with OpenCSW X11 and when creating
>> a package which is linked to libraries from both categories we get into
>> trouble.
>
> Is this an example of what you were talking about?
>
> $ ldd -r /opt/csw/bin/awesome | grep libX11
>        libX11.so.6 =>   /opt/csw/X11/lib/libX11.so.6
>        libX11.so.4 =>   /usr/lib/libX11.so.4

Yeppers.

> Perhaps we should have checkpkg throw an error when this happens?
> (...and potentially offer a useful suggestion)

would be good.

> (Dagobert also writes)
> Ok, that means we should identify the libraries linked to Sun X11 and
> rebuild them instead of working around anything, right?

If we're talking globally... yes, but ONLY for those libraries, that
are expected to be used with other libraries/programs that interact
with our "fancy" X11 libs.
which is most of them. but still, just being pedantic here.
that's my job, after all ;-)