[csw-maintainers] Error: Ambiguous "?:" expression

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Mar 12 23:12:08 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Jake Goerzen <jgoerzen at opencsw.org> wrote:
> At the moment the GAR recipe will almost finish
> building but there is at least one more problem to fix but we are very
> close to getting this thing wrapped up.  At the moment compiling stops
> at time.cpp:
> "time.hpp", line 29: Error: Type name expected instead of "size_t".

That looks like a pretty standard,
  "you need to add an   #include foo.h   in Solaris, even though you
dont in linux"
type error. i've seen those a lot :)

Often fixed by looking at older versions of the file in question, noticing,
"oh, they removed [xxxx]types.h!", putting it back, and emailing the
developers, "hey bozos, put that back in the source!"

This can often be solidified a bit more permenantly, by providng a patch such as

#ifdef __sun
#  include neededthinhere
#endif

However, the PROPER way to fix this, if they are using autoconf, is
for them to put in the appropriate "NEEDS_fooo_H" check in.

and/or, sometimes they were silly enough to forget to do

#include "../config.h"
in that particular file,
when the needed include is already defined in the auto-generated config.h file.