[csw-maintainers] Error: Ambiguous "?:" expression

Jake Goerzen jgoerzen at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 15 04:05:00 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Jake Goerzen <jgoerzen at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> At the moment the GAR recipe will almost finish
>> building but there is at least one more problem to fix but we are very
>> close to getting this thing wrapped up.  At the moment compiling stops
>> at time.cpp:
>> "time.hpp", line 29: Error: Type name expected instead of "size_t".
>
> That looks like a pretty standard,
>  "you need to add an   #include foo.h   in Solaris, even though you
> dont in linux"
> type error. i've seen those a lot :)
>
> Often fixed by looking at older versions of the file in question, noticing,
> "oh, they removed [xxxx]types.h!", putting it back, and emailing the
> developers, "hey bozos, put that back in the source!"
>
> This can often be solidified a bit more permenantly, by providng a patch such as
>
> #ifdef __sun
> #  include neededthinhere
> #endif
>.

Yep was missing <sys/types.h>  so I've added to time.hpp:

#if defined (__SVR4)  && defined (__sun)
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif

This work has been committed to GAR r9178

There are updated packages available in testing/

wesnoth-1.6.5,REV=2010.03.15-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
wesnoth-1.6.5,REV=2010.03.15-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

Thanks,
Jake