[csw-maintainers] Java packages

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 15 22:24:51 CET 2010

On 2010-03-15 18:41, Philip Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Roger Håkansson<hson at opencsw.org>  wrote:
>> On 2010-03-13 23:59, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>>>
>>> For Java, you
>>> also need to put the files somewhere, but I'm sure there are some
>>> standard directories,
>>
>> Not really.
>> Well, you could put your stuff in $JAVA_HOME/lib, but that is certainly not
>> standard
>
> Nooonononono...we have existing, albeit rarely used, standards already.
> (because we dont package much java stuff)
>
> /opt/csw/share/java
>
> is where we put random lib-like java .jar files.
>
> This IS actually documented in
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/standards/layout

I was trying to point out the fact that the only place jvm will look for
classes is in its own installdir and speaking in general terms, not
opencsw-specific.
It will not find the stuff in /opt/csw/share/java unless you set the
classpath (either through environment variable or by option when
invoking java/javac).
There is nothing like LD_OPTIONS/LD_LIBRARY_PATH/RUNPATH when it comes
to java.