[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] evince-2.24.2 in experimental

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 16 16:23:26 CET 2010

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> On 2010-03-11 09:46, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>>> I was thinking of 0.12, but we can try evince with 0.10.x too.
>>>
>>> The problem with poppler 0.12 is that it requires lcms, which needs to
>>> be released in 64-bit, but lcms depends on Python, which is not, and
>>> will not, in the nearest future, be available in 64-bit.
>> Why not?
>
> I've looked at it once.  Python headers do checks on certain 64-bit
> related constants, which AFAIK are set by the compiler; the assertions
> in the Python code are failing.
>
> "/opt/csw/include/python2.6/pyport.h", line 680: Error: #error
> "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc
> config?).".

Well, I've somewhat (comment below) successfully built a 64-bit python
on my own buildfarm (needed for dependencies for the 64-bit imagemagick).

And it seems to be working just fine for my needs (libpython.so)

The problems I've had relates to the binaries (python, python2.6...)
there seems like there is some problem during merge.
Also, the _curses module fails due to some link error.

However, in order to successfully build a 64-bit python, you need a
64-bit libffi which requires the SOS12-compiler (currently not available
on Solaris8 on the buildfarm, but seems to be working just fine for me),
which needs a 64-bit expect, which need 64-bit tcl/tk...