[csw-maintainers] Completely drop Solaris8?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 16 20:44:02 CET 2010

Hi James,

Am 16.03.2010 um 18:34 schrieb James Lee:
> On 16/03/10, 17:13:06, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote
> regarding
> Re: [csw-maintainers] Completely drop Solaris8?:
>
>> We actually have a loooootttt of software which are available on
>> Solaris
>> 8 and not yet released as stable. So I would say, let's do one last
>> "stable" supporting Solaris 8, then freeze it.
>
> This was the plan as I saw it.
>
> Statement on stable: I've been doing a lot of work on testing the
> integrity of the current unstable with a view to putting forward
> a stable release candidate.

Thanks for your effort, I really appreciate it.

> The problem is it fails badly and
> fundamentally because of the use of CSW X11.

Ok, so there will be some massive rebuilds needed. I already set up
a wiki page with all known defects to publicly track progress:
   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-x11>

> I will add more in another thread later.

Great! I would need next a rebuild of your CSWmesa for freeglut,
which is ready to the point where I just need to rebuild.