[csw-maintainers] Perl package maintainers

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 18 20:10:10 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Maybe "abusive" is a little bit brutal. In fact the word is exactly
> that: "brutal"; brutal to take ownership of other maintainers packages
> (this is what you wrote), to convert them to gar (why?) and to say that
> now they can take them back, and that without me remembering any prior
> discussion. If I'm wrong I'll be corrected.

They haven't answered bugs filed January 31st, how long do you think
it is appropriate to wait before taking over a package? This is a big
project, it's hard enough to finish as it is. It wasn't exactly our
choice to do those packages since it involved more work for us.

I'm sure most of the maintainers who didn't answer the bug reports are
retired even though they may be listed as active.

So, to sum up, we contacted everyone in an official way and we're
offering everyone to keep ownership of their packages. Note that we
have not "taken" ownership of anything since nothing has been released
yet. It's to avoid "taking" ownership from maintainers who are active
and want to keep their packages I'm trying to contact them this way
too.

--
/peter