[csw-maintainers] Update of tcl/tk/expect on build8st, build8xt, testing10x

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 23 15:51:38 CET 2010

Now when the perl-project is coming to an end its time for the next one.
Me and Dagobert have been working on updating tcl/tk/expect, both for
getting a newer version (tcl/tk 8.4 is really old, 8.5 have been out
there for over two years now) but also for getting 64-bit packages which
is a requirement for some other 64-bit builds.

However, since tcl, tk and expect are so tightly  bound together, they
must be released as a collection.
This also means that I need to first package tcl, install it, package
tk, install it and then package expect.
I've successfully built the packages on my own buildfarm but now its
time to do a official release.
So on Saturday I will start with this project which means that for a
minimum of 4 hours, tcl, tk and expect will probably not work as
expected on build8st, build8xt and testing10x.
My plan is to have everything finished the same day, but...

Anyway, I will send out another mail when I start the upgrade of tcl as
a reminder.