[csw-maintainers] Bugreport on alternatives with NFS-shared /opt/csw

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 24 14:56:07 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Mar 23 15:59:33 -0400 2010:

> oh sure, me neither. I'm only differing on whether we care if they
> update THEIR end or not :)

Well, we should care, I think, since if not we're responsible for
ensuring the modified source remains available...this could be
offloaded to sourceforge, etc, but I'm not sure we want a _real_ fork.

It's convoluted due to the fact that the upstream package is chkconfig
which includes other tools for RHEL-based distros in addition to the
alternatives bit.

> Although really, it seems like such a relatively small set of
> functionality that we actually care about, that we'd probably be
> better just tossing it and doing our own implementation in a
> system-normal-shell script. already, a good chunk of what we care
> about in it, is in "our own code", by virtue of the class action
> script wrappers.

While that may be, somebody still has to actually care enough to do
it.