[csw-maintainers] Inconsistencies between /packages DB and catalog contents?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 24 16:03:27 CET 2010

Hi,

just wondering: what is the current procedure for releasing packages WRT
to our mirrors? pidgin 2.6.6 was registered with our packages database
yesterday. I happily saw this and wanted to update it today, but my
catalog still carries the old version (2.5.8).

How can one verify whether there's a problem on our side or on the
mirrors? The mirror status page [1] tells me, my mirror is up to date,
but gives a date of 2010-03-22 23:27. Is this for the catalog? Does this
mean new packages like pidgin were registered in our DB, were announced
via our new packages feed, but somehow weren't registered in the catalog
and/or pushed to the mirrors? What's our master mirror btw.?

Enlightenment appreciated

Sebastian