[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 31 18:28:29 CEST 2010

Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> writes:

> On 2010-03-31 16:19, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> There is at least one other problem with gcc4: The current
>> implementation uses isaexec to decide Solaris 8 vs. 10.
>> If Solaris 10 x86 is run under 32 bit kernel this model
>> doesn't work and I don't know enough of gcc technics to
>> resolve this. I committed everything I did.
>
> Since gcc/g++ is so OS bound, isn't it best to simply do one package
> for each OS version? And also only include what is supported on that
> OS (i.e no 64-bit on Solaris 8 x86 using binaries from Solaris 10)

gcc is not so OS bound (if you have specifics I'm eager to know them). I
allways succeeded to release a unique package, OS release wise, for
gcc2, gcc3 and gcc4. You can isolate quite easily the release
dependencies. Anyhow, given that we do not support anymore Solaris 8 and
quite soon Solaris 9 why bother.
--
Peter