[csw-maintainers] cswinetd and cswetcservices?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed May 5 20:57:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Darin Perusich's message of Wed May 05 14:23:33 -0400 2010:
>
>> Any luck locating/reviewing your docs to locate this?
>
> Sorry, got into other stuff.  There is no facility for the maintainer
> to default this to off.

why would the *maintainer* want something to default to off ??

Normally I would think of this kind of behaviour from a complex demon.

If its that complex of a demon, though, maybe it shouldnt be running
out of inetd? :-}

Or if its a smaller, "optional" part of some package, and the
maintainer is presuming, "well, most people want the core stuff, but
only a few will want the inetd demon"...
in which case... I think best thing to do is to split off the "inetd
demon" functionality into a separate package.

Then, if the user installs the package, then sort of by definition,
they WANT it running, in which case the maintainer has no business
defaulting it to off ;-)