[csw-maintainers] gar and autoconf

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon May 10 17:17:12 CEST 2010

On 10-05-10 10:58 AM, Darin Perusich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before running configure I need to make a quick edit to configure.ac and
> run autoconf, how do I call autoconf from gar? The edit is a simple
> removal of a header, gsed -i -e 's%sys/acl.h%%' configure.ac. How would
> I execute this?

Use something like:

pre-configure-modulated:
	@( cd $(WORKSRC); gsed -i -e 's%sys/acl.h%%' configure.ac; \
		autoreconf ...)
	@$(MAKECOOKIE)

That will run for each modulation (likely only one in your case, but
safe against multiple) and do the required edit.  As the name suggests,
this is pretty much immediately prior the configure call.  You could
also create a patch that gets applied instead.

HTH