[csw-maintainers] gar: -I/opt/csw/include -I. should be -I. -I/opt/csw/include

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Mon May 17 20:49:39 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:07, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Rupert,
>
> Am 16.05.2010 um 09:49 schrieb rupert THURNER:
>>
>> hi, what would be the best way to turn the inclusion directories. in
>> this case, we have an old version of serf, and its .h files gets
>> included instead of the new versions to be compiled.
>
> Difficult. You have to look how -I/opt/csw/include gets there,
> by which variable in the Makefile. Then you either change the
> variables passed to "make" (preferred), patch the Makefile or,
> as a last resort, rewrite the arguments by a "cc" stub like in
>  <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/flac/trunk/bin/>

this seems quite complex? the current makefile is here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/libserf/trunk/Makefile,
and i did not put anything to tinker with that order. at least not
deliverately.

should it not be the default that the files delivered with a package
source should be the first in the path for everything, in any case,
every package?

rupert.