[csw-maintainers] package naming conventions for addons to other packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Nov 1 19:28:47 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>
>> That is more reasonable. And something I can actually support, myself.
>> That being said, I dont think it appropriate to change it, without
>> some notice and call for discussion from the full user base.
>>
>> I'll post something to announce, and users.
>> I think a minimum wait of 2 weeks for any feedback is appropriate.
>
> As usual, you do just like you wish and didn't take into account a
> proposal. This manifest again your disdain for us. Alright, I'll ask in
> a separate message a vote on the original wording.

You are being needlessly hostile here Peter. I am more than "taking it
into account".
I am actually directly helping it, by taking the time to write up the
query to the userbase myself, rather than asking you to jump through
more hoops.

It's rather ill-deserved for you to accuse me of "disdain", when all
I'm doing is ensuring some kind of open, formal process for the change
to happen.