[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_calendarsimp, pm_calendarsimple

Jonathan Craig jcraig at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 2 02:48:47 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Nov 01 20:46:30 -0400 2010:
>
>> erm.. it also depends on CSWperl.
>> please remove that, and the CSWcommon dependency.
>
> I thought that everything was supposed to depend on CSWcommon?  That's
> been standard practice since I've been around...It's a dummy package,
> but still a package.

The CSWperl and CSWcommon dependencies are being driven from within
GAR and not my Makefile.  I tried setting explicit dependies with:

RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWpmcalendarsimple = CSWcommon CSWperl
RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWpmcalendarsimp   = CSWpmcalendarsimple

But I end up with the same / additional errors (CSWcommon CSWperl
multiply defined).  I suppose I could add CHECKPKG overrides to
eliminate the checkpkg failures but I dont know if this is the proper
thing to do.  Regardless, having extra dependencies to CSWcommon
CSWperl isn't really a problem as the dependencies will simply be
added by the CSWpmcalendarsimple package anyways.

Please advise on the best way to proceed.  Thanks, Jon.