[csw-maintainers] http://www.opencsw.org/packages/<pkg>: Add GAR build recipe URL to package page?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 5 17:15:10 CET 2010

No dia 5 de Novembro de 2010 15:45, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On 11/5/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> How about: "build description" or "package build description"? The
>> word "repository" does not contain any interesting information in this
>> context.
>

> i disagree.
> It's not a "description". It's a reference to a specific svn-tag, in a
> specific part of a source code tree.

No, it's not a reference to a subversion tag.  It's a reference to a
specific revision of a file in a subversion repository.

> The english meaning of "repository" fits far better than the english
> meaning of "description".

Repository is a place, while the link needs to tell you what kind of
thing you're referring to (rather than where it is).  In this case, it
is a bit of information describing how was a particular package built,
and "Build description" seems like a good match, but I guess you can
find other expressions too.