[csw-maintainers] License / copyright files in packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 9 03:49:14 CET 2010

Excerpts from James Lee's message of Mon Nov 08 06:19:58 -0500 2010:

Hi James,

> The advantage of storing in the standard location is it's standard,
> not just CSW and should already be known to admins.

I really like the much quieter package install.  Having the entire
copyright spit out at installation time adds insult to injury to an
already noisy process.  I think that was the impetus for the change
originally.  If this could be toggled via the admin file then I
wouldn't care, but I _really_ don't want to go back to having this
displayed at install time.

Your points about ease of extraction are well taken though.

Thanks