[csw-maintainers] CSWgtar - Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 15 10:09:55 CET 2010

No dia 15 de Novembro de 2010 09:08, Sebastian Kayser
<skayser at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote on 15.11.2010 09:43:
>> No dia 15 de Novembro de 2010 08:30, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
>> <maciej at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>>> maciej at unknown ~/src/examplepkg $ gtar xfvz hello-0.1.0.tar.gz
>>> hello-0.1.0/hello.texinfo
>>> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
>>
>> This is on x86.  On sparc, the file was unpacked successfully.  I only
>> have one x86 host to test right now, and gtar segfaults there every
>> time (therefore, probably not a bad memory problem).
>
> Just tried this with tarballs from mbuffer [1] and drbd [2]. Both
> extracted fine. Where did you get your tarball from?

https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/examples/multiple-versions/trunk/files/hello-0.1.0.tar.gz

(I'm working on a packaging tutorial.)

Just found a bug about the gtar issue:
https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4601

But the bug is closed, and my issue is still occurring.

My instructions to reproduce work on bender.  It might be a problem
which occurs on Solaris 10 U9 but not other Solaris versions.

Does anyone here run Solaris 10 U9 and can test our gtar there?