[csw-maintainers] CSWgtar - Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 15 18:22:29 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Nov 15 12:13:52 -0500 2010:

> So, seems like the GNU tar folks have recently become incompetant,
> and we need to not trust new releases for a few months.  I'll
> backrev to 1.23 I think.

This could be centred on the same bug that showed up in coreutils
after U9 came out.  There is an issue with setting time stamps in
gnulib that was exposed by a change in U9.  Given that gtar uses
gnulib and will be setting timestamps as it extracts files, I wouldn't
be surprised if it's the same issue.

Thanks