[csw-maintainers] http://www.opencsw.org/packages/<pkg>: Add GAR build recipe URL to package page?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 16 19:19:04 CET 2010

On 11/15/10, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> If so, then the database size for storing the OPENCSW_REPOSITORY info
>> could be limited to
>> 31 + fileseparator + 31 = 63.   Make it 64 just to be 'rounded'
>>
>> hmmm?
>
> Nope. The server name prefix to the repository should be stripped
> up to the repository root, which is
>   Repository Root: https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar
> The path length is not directly connected to the catalog-, nor
> the package name, but the upstream name which may or may not
> be similar in length. Short answer: Just user 255 and we never
> will have this discussion again :-)

64 vs 255, I can live with 255 :)

Table modified. Now we have to decide if we're going to attempt to
retroactively register old packages, or just go for a "from here on
in" stance.

Hmm. I was thinking of suggesting a longer "root" to strip.
if you strip out what you are suggesting, you still get a somewhat ugly

csw/mgar/pkg/apache2/trunk at 11200

"csw/mgar/pkg" is also pretty much redundant. Shouldnt we strip that
out also, and just save stuff under "pkg" ?