[csw-maintainers] Our core values: providing straightforward experience to the user

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 21 17:12:01 CET 2010

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> . Anyhow, in my opinion, you assumed this role for a
>> too long time and that is the reason for which you cannot consider a
>> situation where you don't have that role. Not having the role of release
>> manager seems for you the end of your participation to the
>> community. Aut caesar aut nihil. This is a strange attachment.
>

> If you were proposing simply removing ME as release manager, and
> having the position be elected, your opinion might have some
> justification for it.
> But since instead you are trying to eliminate the position entirely,
> your ad hominen attack is completely misdirected.

I tried to convey in my messages that this is not an ad hominem
attack. That being said, I'm against a kind of paternalistic and
absolutist posture that you take and I'm afraid any release manager
having discretionary power would take. Consequently, I'm not against you
as Philip Brown per se, and that being said, lets move on the main issue
which is the release process as proposed in the referred document which
mandates the usage of automatic verification and validation tools based
on well defined and known policies issued by the maintainers community
consensus.

--
Peter