[csw-maintainers] Alternatives without automatic selection

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 30 23:56:06 CET 2010

On 11/30/10, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 30.11.2010 um 22:04 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>
>> well, it's exactly the opposite, from what you will get from a linux
>> install.
>> Try the following, with names adjusted as appropriate, in your linux
>> distribution of choice that supports "alternatives":
>
> Your example is for alternatives with different priorities. My example
> (and all the discussion) is about same priorities.

And why are you attempting to set same priorities in the first place,
rather than make a priority decision about what deserves to be a
higher priority?

In what you wrote, you seem to imply that you want same priorities for
everything, to avoid the user ever having the implementation switched
out from what they installed the first time, because that behaviour is
"bad" to you.