[csw-maintainers] call for apache2 testing

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 1 15:52:41 CEST 2010

On 01/10/10, 14:25:31, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] call for apache2 testing:

> > 1. Attempted to overwrite existing conf files:

> Did you use pkg-get or pkgutil for this test?  I'm wondering what the
> status of the original CSWapache2c package was when this happened.

I can zfs rollback the machine and:

$ pkgchk -l -p /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf

$ pkgchk -l -p /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf.CSW
Pathname: /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf.CSW
Type: regular file
Expected mode: 0644
Expected owner: root
Expected group: bin
Expected file size (bytes): 3529
Expected sum(1) of contents: 32227
Expected last modification: Aug 22 15:46:39 2009
Referenced by the following packages:
        CSWapache2c
Current status: installed

it was installed without csw class action thus:

1 f none /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf.CSW 0644 root bin 3529
32227 1250952399

with a postinstall, excerpt:
UPGRADE_CONFIGS="\
    httpd.conf \
    ssl.conf \
    extra/httpd-ssl.conf \
    extra/httpd-mpm.conf \
    "
# Don't overwrite config if it exists

The new package has:

1 f none /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf 0644 root bin 3796
55204 1285813590
1 f none /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf.CSW 0644 root bin 3529
32227 1285813620

and I assume it should use class cswcpsampleconf

> > 2. It restarted in prefork mode although previously run as worker.

> Hmm.  That's a problem indeed.  I'll have to think about this one.

I'm playing being ignorant of how to use alternatives (very easy
because it's true) and letting update do its thing.  My expectation is
that it is left in the same mode after update as before.  Maybe a new
worker package can do the alternatives thing for me.

James.