[csw-maintainers] An idea for a shared libraries policy

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 7 20:41:49 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Joerg.Schilling's message of Thu Oct 07 10:14:32 -0400 2010:

Hi Jörg,

> Unfortunately, few OSS authors understand how to correctly deal with library
> interface versioning.

Symbol versioning is much nicer, but I've found it's not always a
panacea either...specifically, libxslt provides a symbol version map
that chokes suncc. :(

Suggestions/fixes welcome for this issue...the only 'fix' I found was
to turn off symbol versioning.  As this isn't ideal, I've left the
update on my todo list for some time now.

Thanks