[csw-maintainers] Automatically excluding .pyc files

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 13 18:49:02 CEST 2010

No dia 13 de Outubro de 2010 17:40, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Wed Oct 13 12:35:29 -0400 2010:
>
>> Unfortunately, files don't go there at the moment.  I have a plan of
>> making them go there, but it'll take time.
>
> When I re-rolled libxslt, the python files for it went in
> python2.6/...?  That's what prompted me to update GAR.

That's an anomaly.  Those files won't work with currently packaged Python.

> Should my change just be plain reverted?  What would cause the .py
> files for py_libxslt to end up in the wrong place?

Perhaps libxslt's build builds the base path for modules on its own
instead of asking Python about it.  For this to work, you need to move
them to the currently used location.

We'll be moving to version-specific directory at some point, but we
aren't there yet.

Can you revert the change?

We could also add a check in checkpkg to prevent this from happening
in the future in the case that any other packages try to put their
files there.