[csw-maintainers] Support for multiple Python versions

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Oct 16 22:36:23 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Oct 15 14:15:18 -0400 2010:

> that is a VERY long document, and it is a front for a VERY complex
> system.  It is dangerous for you to just quote one small part of it.

It is long, but since the discussion was centred around shipping (or
not) multiple versions of python, the snippet I quoted is germane and
harmless.

If we want to extend the discussion into whether or not we should have
modules get byte-compiled for multiple versions of python (if
present), then yes, I agree more context is required.

> Do you want to research and summarize that further for us?  Or
> Maciej?

Maciej has already done a brief synopsis of the tools, but I contend
that for the original discussion, these are out of scope.

Thanks