[csw-maintainers] Support for multiple Python versions

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 18 12:02:42 CEST 2010

No dia 16 de Outubro de 2010 21:36, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Oct 15 14:15:18 -0400 2010:
>
>> that is a VERY long document, and it is a front for a VERY complex
>> system.  It is dangerous for you to just quote one small part of it.
>
> It is long, but since the discussion was centred around shipping (or
> not) multiple versions of python, the snippet I quoted is germane and
> harmless.
>
> If we want to extend the discussion into whether or not we should have
> modules get byte-compiled for multiple versions of python (if
> present), then yes, I agree more context is required.
>
>> Do you want to research and summarize that further for us?  Or
>> Maciej?
>
> Maciej has already done a brief synopsis of the tools, but I contend
> that for the original discussion, these are out of scope.

Yes, it's true.  These two are additional, time saving tools, it's a
conversation can have after we know will support multiple Python
versions.  If we are still at the stage of deciding whether we are
going to support multiple Python versions, we can leave this
discussion for later.

By the way, has anyone tried the new Python 3.1 packages yet?

http://bit.ly/cCF6ze