[csw-maintainers] skencil package

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 19 11:35:18 CEST 2010

Sorry for the cross-post.

Is anyone still using the skencil package? Anyone mind if it simply
gets deleted?

It is unmaintained upstream in over 4 years, isn't even packaged by Debian
and the only functionality in our current package archive (without my
updated _gtk.so) appears to be printing the following:

ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_gtk.so: symbol PyUnicodeUCS2_DecodeUTF8: referenced symbol not found

I have contacted the current maintainer (Murray Jensen) and he said:
"No worries - I don't use skencil and am happy to see it deleted."

The reason I'd like to have it deleted is that I'm hoping to rename some
of the packages it depends on to fit in with our conventions for python
modules.

Thanks

Oliver