[csw-maintainers] Revisiting the GCC4 Undefined symbol __sync_fetch_and_add_4 nonsense

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 19 14:54:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 13.10.2010 um 14:42 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> No dia 13 de Outubro de 2010 13:33, Dagobert Michelsen
>>>
>>> Is a hardware instruction present in sparcv8+, and not in sparcv8?
>>> Does anyone know?
>>
>> BTW, I am having this same exact error on libtag_gcc now :-(
>
> Is the sparcv8 support worth the trouble?

I finally found the issue: this can happen if you define any
optimization
level > 0. Skipping -O* or using -O0 works and the problem is gone. I
tried to find the specific flag combination triggering the issue but
failed to do so. The current progress is documented at
   http://wiki.opencsw.org/porting-faq#toc5
However, it should be sufficient to continue with the stopped
packaged with this workaround.