[csw-maintainers] question on libtool and -xnorunpath

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Oct 26 18:08:54 CEST 2010

On 10/26/10, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,

*wave*

> It is easiest to set CXX=.../CC -norunpath
>
> I changed it this way in gar and it works quite well. Patching ltmain.sh
> works but is tedious.

Thanks for the suggestion.

it turns out, that my original suggestion did not completely work.
and even setting CXX=CC -norunpath, did not work either.
The #@$#@ thing strips out the arguments to CXX ? !!!
(configure, it would seem)

Even patching ltmain.sh did not work for 100% of the tree!

I ended up doing a combination of patching the generated libtool, and
hacking the generated config.status and forcing a re-run of that.
(both patches were to force CXX=CC - norunpath)

Euuuuchhh....