[csw-maintainers] [buildfarm-announce] Hardware maintenance tomorrow

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 4 21:22:21 CEST 2010

Fellow buildfarm users,

tomorrow will be a downtime of the buildfarm for hardware maintenance.
It will start in roughly 12 hours (about 10 AM MET) and hopefully
last a few hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience

   -- Dago

PS: If you want to know what is going on please read on!
Two weeks ago I had a hang of the external storage array
(16 x 120 GB SATA-to-FC) when I tried to replace a failed
disk. After powercycling the array and changing the disk
I kept getting parity errors from ZFS from the array without
bad blocks from a disk, which is a bad sign, typically a
memory problem on the array controller. Tomorrow the array
will be replaced by 4 x 1 TB 2,5" SATA internal disks.