[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs ap2_suexec, apache2, apache2_devel, a(...)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 25 14:56:42 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Fri Sep 24 19:39:52 -0400 2010:
> Excerpts from THURNER Rupert's message of Fri Sep 24 18:41:47 -0400 2010:
> > upgrade apache2 package, including mpm and prefork options as
> > alternatives.
>
> I wouldn't mind some testing on this before unleashing it.  It's a
> pretty major overhaul... :)

Specifically, the changes in packaging are:

* No more ap2_prefork or ap2_worker.  These are bundled in apache2.
* No more apache2c or apache2rt.  As we're now leveraging an external
  apr-util, these didn't make sense any longer.
* apache2 is marked I with the 4 packages above.
* The httpd binary is setup using alternatives, with prefork having
  highest precedence.

For this realease, var/ and etc/ are still housed at
/opt/csw/apache2/.  A future release will move these where they
belong, but I think there has been enough change introduced for one
release...and that it's more important to get apache2 moving again.

I'm hoping to be able to test it myself this week, but haven't had a
change yet.  Can anyone else take a poke at these packages (in my
experimental repo)?

Thanks