[csw-maintainers] An idea for a shared libraries policy

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 26 21:28:38 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

Am 25.09.2010 um 13:30 schrieb James Lee:
> On 25/09/10, 12:05:24, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote
> regarding
> Re: [csw-maintainers] An idea for a shared libraries policy:

>>> Maciej agrees with my old idea although it was pooh-poohed at the
>>> time.
>
>> Who dared pooh-pooh you?
>
> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2009-October/
> 009992.html

No no no no... Don't you put the blame on me for that one! ;-)
I like (and liked) the idea, but raised the issue that there
may be multiple non-version-resembling shared libs from one
package. Apart from that I like it. And after one more year
of packaging experience I would say my doubts from that time
have not been correct. Lots of complicated multi-version-
modulation-libs would benefit from it, like
   libicu
   libcurl
   libneon
which immediately come to my mind.